Monday, July 7, 2014

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!! Plus.. Maybe someone's three month mark....

OH, MY GOLLY GEE!!!!!!! THREE MONTH MARK!!???
Okay, I will make this very quick. :)
P GOT CONFIRMED YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!
Oh, the glow on His face was incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A is amazing!!!!!!! He is progressing soooo well!!!! Everything he has EVER experienced has led up to him being baptized!!!!!!! The other day, we all prayed about when he should be baptized, and after we did, he said, "How about the 23rd?" Yeah, it's a Wednesday, but that's what he felt. We asked him why and he said, "That number has ALWAYS stuck out to and never understood why. But, now I do. Because the 23rd is the day I'm going to be baptized." AHHH! So cool!!!!! When we taught him about family history, he got soo excited!!! We had a member with us, Brother R.  He said, "A, you are the key to bringing your ancestors to Christ." And A burst into tears.... "I had a dream about a week before I met you. I heard the words, 'you will be the key to the sun.'" Sister S and Bro. R didn't really get it at first but I was like, "HOLY FUNKY FRESH! ANDY! The Celestial Kingdom is compared to the sun!! Through temple work we can go there!!! YOU ARE THE KEY TO GETTING TO THE SUNNY KINGDOM!!!!" Oh, goodnes... The spirit was sooooooooooooooooooooo strong!!!!!!
And then N prayed about her baptismal date........ SHE KNOWS SHE NEEDS TO BE BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N and another investigator (C) are BEST FRIENDS and want to be baptized on the SAME day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIFE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!
What a comfort it is to me that Jesus Christ told me that He needs me out here! And even more so, how comforting it is to me that He is doing this work right along side with me!!!
I had a very cool study this morning...
After I read the Book of Mormon, I read the beginning of "Our Search for Happiness" by M. Russell Ballard. He talked about how Christ's mission was so short. And yet, He accomplished so much. In the Atonement, Christ was able to do what He did because He was touched with immortality.
He had the power to give up and say no. He had the power to overcome those who humiliated, bruised, abused, threatened, and crucified Him. But, He didn't. Because He wanted all of us to be able to have the same immortality that He did.
And I realized, that is my mission. Yes, it is .000000000000000000000000000000001% of what the Savior did, but still, that is my mission. I leave my friends, my righteous desires, my dreams, my goals, my family, my LIFE, so that others can have their friends, their righteous desires, their dreams, their goals, their family, their LIVES for eternity.
Yes, it's not fun sometimes. But, we do it because someone needs to.
Have you ever seen how they make olive oil? The press all the olives until the oil comes out. Only through pressure can you experience the sweet goodness of the olive.
Well, the meaning of Gethsemane is "olive press." Through the pressure of having our salvation, our sins, our pains, our guilt, our sorrows, EVERY NEGATIVE THING in our lives upon Himself, the Savior bled from every pore. In order to Atone for us, He needed to be pressed. The only way to achieve the Plan of Salvation, the happiest plan in all the world, He needed to be pressed. In order for all of us to taste of this sweet goodness, His body needed to be pressed to the point that He bled from every pore.
We ALL have our own olive press. And it is only through pressure that we can experience the sweet goodness, the "fruits of our labors."
I KNOW I CAN DO THIS. And I know it's going to be very hard for me to go home in 15 months.
THIS WORK IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God be with you till we meet next monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Sister AllyBoBally!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment