Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

"And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things." -Doctrine and Covenants 88:67

Oh.... I'm moving... TO WEYMOUTH.. To be Sister Training Leader of the Poole Zone... Oh, my...

I'm sooo sad to say goodbye to Aldershot... Aldershot is AMAZING!!! <3

It really is!!!! <3

I love the members, the investigators, just everything!!!!!! <3

ALDERSHOT IS AMAZING!!!!

BUT...

THIS IS WHERE I AM MOVING... :)

**** beautiful photos******


BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! <3 :) Counrtyside AND the ocean... <3 ahhhhhhh!!!! If you added mountains... OHhhhh... I would be... Oh gosh.. Just.. Like... WOW!!!!!! <3

This week has been a fantastic week! <3 Today is going to be a short email because I want to share just one very specific experience we had... :)

Yesterday, we had T come to church. And he loved it! He tried singing the hymns, which was adorable! :) Well, afterwards, the other two of our investigators needed to leave, so we asked our ward mission leader, Brother P, if we could turn Gospel Principles into a lesson from Preach My Gospel. And he said, "I don't know the lessons very well, but okay."

Well, we planned for T to teach him Gospel of Jesus Christ. :) As we taught him about having faith, T said, "Ladies, I need to tell you, since I met you, I have realized the importance of faith. A couple of weeks ago, before I met you, I will admit, suicide crossed my mind. And then you came along. I want to change."

And Brother P, (You remember him? The one who apparently didn't know the lessons very well?) said, "T, Jesus Christ enables us to move on from these kinds of things." And then he just kept going... He bore the most amazing testimony and taught in such a simple and pure way the doctrine Tony needed to hear.

Brother P was needed sooo much yesterday. I KNOW that members are essential!!!

Which leads to the talk of the week...

How to Be a Member Missionary

By Quentin L. Cook

"How can we be effective missionaries?

I believe with all of my heart that we are on the threshold of the most significant missionary success to date.

Our challenge is to share the joyous, eternally significant gospel with our brothers and sisters so they can find peace and happiness and exaltation.

With this in mind, how can we be effective missionaries?

First: Be a missionary all your life. President David O. McKay (1873–1970) taught that every member is a missionary, and it is as true today as when it was first declared.

Second: Overcome feelings of hesitancy or inadequacy.

Third: Do not be discouraged because missionary work is hard.

Fourth: Be a good example and take every opportunity to share the gospel (see 1 Timothy 4:12). It is not enough to preach the gospel. One must also live the gospel. Very often people are receptive to being taught because they have had a positive experience with a Church member.

I know one BYU graduate who is a great example. He points out that there is a mirror quality to conversation. If we talk about the weather, people respond by talking about the weather. If we talk about sports, they respond by talking about sports. This friend says he asks people he meets about their school and listens intently. After they respond by asking him about his school, he tells them about BYU and then shares his testimony of the gospel. Then, in a positive way, he offers to let them learn more from the missionaries. He has been very successful in sharing the gospel. He has also remained on excellent terms with his friends who do not respond to his challenge because he genuinely loves them and is interested in them.

I am very enthusiastic about where we are at this time in missionary work. But, as President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) always counseled the Brethren, “We can still do better.”

There are great blessings, including eternal joy, in helping to bring souls unto Christ (see D&C 18:15).

Missionary work is not just one of the 88 keys on a piano that is occasionally played; it is a major chord in a compelling melody that needs to be played continuously throughout our lives if we are to remain in harmony with our commitment to Christianity and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

My specific challenge to each of you is to make a commitment to be a missionary for the rest of your life.

If you look at your group of friends, there are many who would respond to the gospel if you would have the faith to share the message of the Restoration with them.

What we desperately need is for member-missionary work to become a way of life—for the Savior’s mandate to share the gospel to become part of who we are."

I couldn't say it better than he did.... :) MEMBERS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED!!!!!

I have realized on my mission that everyday of my life leading up to my mission has prepared me for my mission. And I know that everyday of my mission is preparing me to be the best MEMBER MISSIONARY I can be. I do NOT need a black name tag to be a missionary.

I AM SOOO EXCITED TO BE A MISSIONARY AT HOME!!!!

I'm going to go on teaches with the missionaries every single week and I'm going to fellowship investigators and I'm going to feed the missionaries in my ward!! I am going to do all that I can do to be the best member missionary that I can be!!!! :) BUT, more importantly, I'm not going to just help the missionaries preach the gospel. I am going to preach the gospel on my own as well!!! To the cashier, to co workers, to my boss, to students, to teachers, to black and white, bond and free, male and female. EVERYONE. :)

LOVEYOUEVERYONE!!!!!!! <3 Have a wonderful week!!!!!!! <3

Love, Sister Tigger No Matter Where She Serves. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment