Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ready to be Worthy

I have noticed every time I read my call, my desire grows more and more. I know my worthiness to be a missionary isn't just determined just when I'm in the mission field, but RIGHT NOW during the preparation to be a servant of the Lord. I can feel the adversary work on me and make me feel unworthy to serve. It brings to my mind: if he is trying so hard to keep me from a mission, there must be a very glorious work for me to do. And when you think about it, none of us are worthy. We are all imperfect and human. But, we have a glorious blessing of the Atonement! Sometimes I think, "Lord, do You really trust me with this kind of work? I've sinned A LOT. Are You sure you want ME to do this?" A wise sponge once said, "I'M READY! I'M READY! I'M READY!" (I was a Spongebob Squarepants kiddo..) And he's right. I'M READY TO SERVE THE LORD!! I am ready to brighten people's days with the love of the Lord! I am ready to change my life and daily routine to revolve ALL AROUND the Lord! I am ready to endure to the end! I am ready to be worthy! I am ready to serve! I love reading my call; it provides the peace that I have been entrusted with a glorious work. 
       
“The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” 
       -Joseph Smith. 

People of England, here comes Sister Vande Merwe!

No comments:

Post a Comment