Monday, September 1, 2014

First week in ALDERSHOT

AHH!!! I thank the Lord soooo so much for sending me to two FANTASTIC areas... IN A ROW!!!!! I looooooved Haywards Heath and I looooove Aldershot!!!! oh, Sister Y.... IS AMAZING!!!!!!! She has such a powerful testimony and she is such an amazing example in the kind of sister I want to be!!!!!
My first Sunday in Aldershot was sooo awesome!!! The members are sooo warm and welcoming!!!!
I was able to meet one of the less actives my second day here!! hahha His name is A..... He is adorable!!! He carries a notepad with him and a bunch of pens everywhere he goes hahah!!!!
So, A hasn't been to church in four years so we are trying to get him back in to the swing of things by reading the Book of Mormon and such!!!! <3 He wrote down: "I promise to read one verse a day in the scriptures" and gave it to us with his signature... hahhahhahahha!!! He's so cute!!!!
And since he couldn't pronounce our last name, he has decided to call me Sister Blond.... HAHAHA!!! And he even wrote me a note!!!! Which says: "To Sister Blond- Welcome to England. I think you are very nice. For Sister Nice." (He switches from Sis. Blond to Sis. Nice every so often... hahahha) The entire lesson he would turn to me and say, "Sister Blond, I like you. You're funny. I love your sense of humor. Thank you for being so funny and nice. You're very nice. And funny too." hahaha.... He's a riot!!!
And then we have another member who is 24 years old.... His name is M... His mother's name is J and dang does she live up to her name!!!!! ahhaha But M calls me Sister Tough Boots hahahha and when he first saw me he said, "CRIKEY SHE'S TALL!!!" hhhahhahha!!!!!!
I have had such an amazing time teaching here!!!!!!! I loooooove it here!!!!!!!!!!
L is INCREDIBLE!!!! And sooo is G!!!! L is soo amazingly prepared to hear the gospel and G is sooo humble and willing to submit!!!
I loooove teaching them!! And Elder P is sooo goood with them!!!!!
Sooo I was blessed enough to be able to meet V and V (progressing investigators!!!) !!! They are from FIJI!!!!!! V and V are AMAZING!!!! The first time we were supposed to meet up, they forgot, so we knocked the flats around theirs! We knocked this one flat with a Napolise family!!!! They are Christian and... wait for it.... INVITED US IN!!!!!! Miiiiirrrraaacccllleee!!!!!!!! They asked us to come back!!!!! Ahhh!!!!! Soo exciting!
Well, the next day, we visited V and V again! We taught them the first part of the Plan of Salvation!!!! We asked Vee what she was thinking and she said, "This is AMAZING!"
OH, my goodness soooo cool!!!
So, since we were in the area, we decided to continue knock the flats around V and V's!! :) As we were knocking, we saw a guy walking his dog! He looked around our age!! :) We approached him and we asked him about his dog... And from there, it was soo natural to talk to him!!! The conversation went from his dog, to when he adopted her, to how he had just gotten married and how he loved her tons, and then the miracle of the teach.... I asked him, "Do you want to be with her forever?" And he said, "If I could, I would."
We told him that we talk more about how this gospel creates a happy marriage in this life and the next!!!
And he BEGGED us to come again!!!!
AHHH!!!!!!!!
So amazing!!
I just want to finish with one scripture! Doctrine and Covenants 50:24 - "That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth, brighter and brighter until the perfect day." SO TRUE!!!! may we alllways reflect the light of Christ with all our hearts might, mind and strength!!!! how blessed am I to be here!!!!!
ILOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please let me know if there is anything I can pray for!!!!!!! <3<3<3
Love, your Sister Blond. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment