Monday, November 3, 2014

Definition of consecration: To make sacred.

Oh, wow... This consecration week... My body is shattered... But, my testimony is soooo much stronger than it was before... :)
I HAVE LOVED THIS WEEK!!!!!!
I really have!!!!
And to sum up the miracles we have experienced this week (which there are aaaa looooot) I'll talk about my favorite one...
LIIIIZZZZIIIIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, Sister Y and I decided to do a lot of bus contacting... :) Because we take the bus for about an hour to get to our actual area (mainly Bordon and Farnham.) So, what we did was Sister Y sit on one side and I sit on the other. And we start talking to people! :)
So, Sister Y was in the backish talking to a woman from Thailand and I was towards the front talking to a woman from Brazil... Now, the woman from Brazil wasn't all that interested... But, I noticed a woman on the other side of me listening to everything I had been saying! The woman from Brazil exited the bus and I turned to the woman on the other side of me.
We started to talk and I noticed our bus stop was next... I wanted to have just a quick gospel conversation with her and I was about to start and then she asked, "Are you a nun?"
I said that I was a sister missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, otherwise known as the Mormons.
She asked, "What is a Mormon?" right when we stopped at our bus stop... :(
I gave her a pass along card with our number on it and told her to call us so that we could give her more information...
Most missionaries know that when you leave a card without any contact information from them, you most likely will never hear from them... :(
I prayed and prayed in my mind that we would hear from her!
Well, that night, it was freezing and a member refused to let us go home on the bus. We asked her if we could go finding for one more hour and then she could come pick us up!
It was 8 o clock at night, absolutely freezing, and we were in a sketchy part of Bordon....
We kept knocking and talking to people and about half an hour in, we got a missed call from an unknown number...
Sister Y and I were freaking out.... We prayed and prayed as we called her back.....
A woman answered and we said that we had gotten a missed call from this number and were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
She said, "I'm that woman from the bus you talked to!"
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I silently squealed and jumped up and down!! :)
She started asking questions like, "Do you believe in eternal marriage?" and "Do you believe in having children?" and "Do you believe in eternal families?" and "What is a Mormon?"
We were ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!
We made a return appointment with her for Thursday and then hung up the phone...
Sister Y and I knelt down right there in the middle of the street at 8:30 in the evening in a dodgy part of town and said a prayer of thanks with absolute tears streaming down our faces....
WE FELT SOOO BLESSED!!!!!!!!!
Well, then on Thursday morning, we give her a call to confirm our appointment. She doesn't answer, so we sent her a text!
We get a text shortly after from her saying, "Good morning I won't be meeting you today as I have read up about what you believe in and unfortunately it does not appeal to me as I love coffee, my best friend is gay and I have used drugs in the past. I wish you both well on your missions. Xxx"
WE WERE SHOCKED AND HEARTBROKEN.
So, we sent back pleading with her to meet up with us so that we could clear up any misunderstanding...
We knelt down and said another prayer, and right as we said 'amen,' our phone vibrated...
IT WAS LIZZIE!!!!! All she said was, "Ok. :)"
AHHHH!!!!!!!
If Satan is trying this hard with her this early in her learning process, that must mean she has a haa-uge part to play in Heavenly Father's plan.... <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Life is great!!!
Of course, there were mannnny more miracles worked by our gracious Lord... And some of them, I felt we didn't deserve, simply because of their miracularity!!
But, I KNOW that our loving Father in Heaven, His Beloved Son and our Redeemer Jesus Christ, and the Comforting Spirit of the Holy Ghost have made this week the way it has been..... <3
The tender mercies of the Lord are unimaginable!!!!! <3
One of my favorite songs about the Savior is "I Can Only Imagine..." <3
"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah! '? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah! '? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!! Only imagine!!!
I can only imagine.

I can only imagine, when all I do is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine."
I can only imagine that when we are at our Savior's feet, we will be able to fully recognize the things He did for us in the past life, this life, and the next life... <3
What He did for us is and should be everything to us because we are everything to Him.
He loves us.
Or else He would not have died for us. <3
He didn't do it because it was expected of Him or because He was asked to.
He did it because He wanted to. <3
Have a wonderful week!!!
-Sister Vande Merwe

No comments:

Post a Comment